cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File To File with merging and two sources one receiver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenario is File to File

In this I need to pick Files from two different Directories on different systems: Sys1 and Sys2

In Sys1 i have 7 Files File1 to File7

In sys2 i have 8 Files File 8 to File14 and File_EOPM

Now <B>I need to merge File1 to File5 in one File say File_new and transform my file File6 into say File_new2</b>

Condition is when File_EOPM is uploaded in my Sys2 Directory then the Files should be transferred to Receiver file Directory RCVR

In RCVR i shud have the following Files

File _new

File_new2

File8 to File14

File_EOPM.

Hope I made my requirements clear

Please advice me whether this can be done w/o BPM?

Also help me in developing dis scenario

Thanks & Regards,

Rookie.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

so does that means you will do the file transfer only if file File_EOPM is uploaded.

if this file is not uploaded,no files will be transferred?

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Aamir, once the File_EOPM uploaded in the Directory then only File Adapter should fetch all the files and upload in receiver directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well here is the design which i can think of

You can have a total of 3 scenarios

Scenario 1:will have a OS script executing before message processing,this script will keep on looking for file File_EOPM,if this file exist,it will activate the sender file communication channel to transfer the file File_EOPM to RCVR directory(Simple file to file scenario),the script will also activate the sender file communication channels for scenario 2 and scenario 3.

Scenario 2:this will collect files File 1 to File 6 via BPM,its sender file communication channel will remain in inactive state,this will only be activated externally by the script of Scenario 1.

Scenario 3:This will send rest of the files to RCVR directory,even this sender file communication channel will remain in inactive state,this will only be activated externally by the script of Scenario 1.

You dont have to create separate scenarios for all the above though,just create all of them within one scenario,i have split them in 3 separate scenario for ease of understanding

Check the below blog to control adapters externally

/people/william.li/blog/2007/05/04/control-communication-channels-externally-without-using-rwb

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amir, I will try this scenario and will let u know.