cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSO/KM Questions - MSSQL32 vs. WebDav, LSO Content Player

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We're working through our LSO technical architecture, including KM of course and have some hopefully basic questions, for those of you who've been through this. To date we have only made minimal use of KM for MSS Universal worklist.

<b>MS SQL32 vs. WebDav as Repository?</b>. Based on our experiences using SQL32 as a Sharepoint repository and what we believe are known limitations on file (blob) size for performance reasons we're hesitant on proceeding with MS SQL32 as a repository.

<b>MSSQL - Were interested in anything anyone has to say on their experiences using MS SQL32 as a repository, especially in the area of performance for large databases or large files (50MB or greater (BLOBS).</b>

<b>WebDav - We're interest in hearing about anyone's experiences using WebDav as an alternate KM repository.</b>

We also have some questions on the LSO Content Player. I know this isn't a KM question but since there may be some LSO readers here I'll ask it. The architecture we've seen has it sitting on the java stack of the R3 box. We're currently running ECC50 but not yet running the java stack. Unicode will probably drive that so we're thinking about running the LSOCP on the portal's java stack. On ECC50 of course LSOCP would be closer to R3 but for the reason's we mentioned we'd prefer to put it on the existing portal java stack.

<b>LSOCP - We're interested in hearing your thoughts on LSO architecture, especially LSOCP and where you have it running. Thoughts on I/O and if the system LSOCP resides on takes a significant performance hit, IO hit, etc.</b>

Please forgive the long post. We're hoping to learn from those of you who've been through this. Thanks so much for your thoughts.

Doug Steckel

Air Products & Chemicals

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

I am also in a similar scenario.

As far as I researched I think the LSO CP should go with the ECC Java stack.

I do not know if using MS SQL32 as a repository.

But I am going to try with WebDav as the repository.

Can you also please share your experiences with me please.

It will be great help..

Thanks

Madhu