Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Vendor Classification Data in R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I was trying to get my hand on a Function Module for uploading Vendor Master Classification data in R3. I came across CLFM_OBJECT_CLASSIFICATION. I do not know if this is the right one and also how it works.

If someone could just help me as to whether I have the right end of the stick and can also provide me with some documentation on it to get going, I would highly appreciate that.

Thanks & Rgds

SDR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rob,

I looked upon on the notes. Yes certainly it gives me a certain direction though to go ahead and looks like a solution for me. However will appreciate it if you share anything else you have in mind or might come across something more simplistic.

Thanks a ton.

Thanks & Rgds

Soumya

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

This FM is neither released nor documented, so I wouldn't use it; however there is a standard SAP program RCCLBI03 that will update classifications. It's well documented.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rob,

I highly appreciate and thank you for your prompt response and the update on using the Standard program that you had provided to upload classification data. However I dont know whether it suits my requirement though.

The situation is that a BAPI gets called from webmethod in real time passing data to it. This Bapi is then supposed to create classification data for the vendor in R3. I suppose the former approach by using the standard program requires a formatted file for input to carry out the necessary. I dont think I can have that luxury though. Can you think or suggest of a way to get around.

Thanks & Rgds

SDR

0 Kudos

Yes - the program requires a formatted file, so it doesn't seem suitable for your purposes. I'll see if I can find out anything else, though.

Rob

0 Kudos

OK - maybe note 373824 will help ypu.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rob,

I looked upon on the notes. Yes certainly it gives me a certain direction though to go ahead and looks like a solution for me. However will appreciate it if you share anything else you have in mind or might come across something more simplistic.

Thanks a ton.

Thanks & Rgds

Soumya

0 Kudos

Unfortunately, I've only used the standard program. I may have some old batch input programs that handled classifications, but now classifications are not suitable for batch input.

An alternative might be to take the note I mentioned and since it doesn't mention any specific BAPIs, create an OSS message asking if they can tell you which specific BAPIs to use. The worst that they can do is tell you it's a consulting issue.

Rob