cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSSQL server datafile size increase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am new to SAP with MSSQL server. Our ECC6.0 production server is running with MSSQL server.

In db02, the indicator is in red colour and below is the status.

Intial size of datafile1 is 27.010 GB and actual mdf size in disk at present is 26.5 GB.

In db02, it is showing free space - 0.00 and Next growth 150 MB. (Indicator - Red colour)

My customer want to make this Green. Please let me know what should I do now.

Shall I increase the Initial size of datafile online when SAP is up and running to 10% more?

Will it be a permanent solution or should I need to increase the size of Next growth also?

Regards,

Nalla.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

No issues to increase the space when the database is up . Provided you must have enough space in Hard Disk .

Is there any space available in your Hard disk ? If space is available , please go to SQL Management l STUDIO in SQL 2005 or

EnterPrise

manager in case of SQL 2000 > Database > Select the database > Properties > Files > INcrease the Initial Size according to

your space in Hard Disk.

This will make your DB02 Green.

Please let me know if you feel any difficulty.

Regards,

Nibu

Edited by: Nibu Antony on Jul 8, 2009 2:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

is automatic growth enabled for data files?If not enable it through SQL server management studio

and also increase the size of next growth...preferable to 10%

Let me know of it helps

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I did add one more datafile in the database but still my other datafiles are showing red in transaction DBACOCKPIT.

Also i have kept my datafile in autoextend mode and increase by 10% still its not increasing. Please give me solution for increasing the existing datafile also.

Regards,

Ritesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check Note 363018 - File management for SQL Server. Section D explains how to increase and decrease database files.

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check below links.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/DE/f2/31adc8810c11d288ec0000e8200722/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sushil

Edited by: Sushil Suryawanshi on May 22, 2009 7:56 PM