SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration - Meter reading + Billing Doc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My clientu2019s requirement is to migrate 3 months old meter reading and billing doc. this is required since the prices can be retrospectively changed and three months data should be present to carry out the bill adjustments for price change.

if I migrate the 3 month old billing doc and meter reading, Will I be able to use the standard adjustment reversal transaction on the migrated billing document for retro price change.

If not what is the option to carryout adjustments on the migrated billing document.

Thanks and Regards

2 REPLIES 2

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please read the document . There you find a chapter concerning the migration of historical billing documents. In brief:

(1) there is no direct link between historical meter readings and billing documents

(2) migrated billing documents can only be reversed as an adjustment reversal. A full reversal is not possible due to a missing invoice and print document to be reversed when the billing document is to be reversed. An invoice can not be migrated as an invoice but only as a (payed) open item.

(3) the migration of billing document requires a fully available installation structure history what is very difficult to migrate

(4) Check the migration of EBF billing document (Easy Bill Enhancement Framework)

(5) In any case you it has to be considered, whether a mass change or a single billing doc change will have to be performed.

Cheers,

Fritz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your scenario sounds like a mass reversal due to price change. and this can be done using period end billing and backbilling. To use period back billing and backbilling it is not necessary to migrate billing documents and meter readings, you can migrate operands (consumption and amounts) and then use them in your rates to recalculate the consumption with the new change price.

Daniel Toba

http://www.sap-isu.net - SAP ISU social network