cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executing Ecatts in Background using Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u please explain me the stpe to execute the Ecatts in background from Solution Manager. I have created Scripts using SAPGUI Method and In Solution Manager what are the steps i have to do ( am new to Solution Manager, so please explain me clearly ) .

regards,

Nagapuri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your detailed explanation.

As per my requirement am not using TCD recording, am using SAPGUI Recording. So please suggest me in this regard.

Thanks and regards,

Nagapuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Am executing these scripts from solman only...

Thanks & Regards,

Nagapuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagapuri,

If so, use secatt transaction and select your script and select the execute option.

In the subsequent screen, you can see the "UI control" tab, in which the first drop-down box will allow you to select the option of execution as "foreground" or "background".

hope it helps.

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alagammai,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Can u please explain me, In the execution screen where will have the option to select " Foreground" or

" Background ". If it possible can u please mention the navigation path.

Thanks and Regards,

Nagapuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagapuri,

First confirm whether you are having your ecatt scripts in SolMan system or in some other Satellite system.

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagapuri,

You have created the eCATT script using SAPGUI method, which means it will be executed in the front-end.

Fine. For executing your eCATT script(either in the background or foreground), you can use the "secatt" transaction and if your eCATT script is stored in Solution Manager, then you can select that script and execute it from the there. In the execution screen, there is the option for you to select it as "foreground" or "background".

Hope it helps.

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you want to use eCATT as a test.

I'm not sure but my best guess is:

Tx STWB_2

Create

You can assign your eCATT in the area at the bottom.

Make sure you also assign your target system, and that you have setup a trusted connection to that target.

Hopefully this is helpfull.

Regards,

David