cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info Update box automatically checked

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have a situation that is causing us great grief. I'm hoping y'all may be able to help me out.

Prior to SRM, our users were creating PO's and it did not matter if the info update box would be checked. Of course, it did generate a lot of info records that did not relate to a material master (only vendor and material group).

Before we went live with SRM, we flagged all of these info records for deletion so it would not cause problems. But, some of these are slipping through. When an info record is created for a particular material group only, all requisitions still not converted over into a PO will change the original fixed or desired vendor to the vendor on the info record.

I have looked at the PO's with the info record box checked. Our users are not familiar with this box and I'm certain they are not physically checking the box. I don't know if suppressing the field will help prevent info records from getting created. But, if not, how can I prevent info record creation based on a material group only?

OSS recommended transaction OMF0. But, I don't know what impact this will have on our system since I cannot recreate the problem we are encountering in Production.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monique,

Perhaps this will help you.

You can use transaction code <b>SHD0</b> to create transaction variant to assign default value (checked) for info update box and gray it out.

For further information, please check this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7d/f639fb015111d396480000e82de14a/content.htm

Or you can use <b>GuiXT</b> to assign default value and modify standard SAP screen without changing actual SAP program. Please check this link for more information.

http://www.synactive.com/docu_e/specials/guiscripting.html

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I would prefer that the box not get checked at all. I thought about suppressing the field all together. But, if the system is checking the box, it would still get checked even in a suppressed state, correct?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The default values for info update indicator in the Purchase order can be controlled by configuration setting. Try configuring the same in "Define default values for Buyers" under Purchasing section. Then assign this default value in the user master record under parameter ID 'EVO'.

Regards

SB

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have set it up in the configuration. But, because the default parameter was set to blank (standard comes with 01 and 02), we did not identify the users that needed EVO. I have asked one buyer to put the parameter ID EVO in their user profile with a parameter value of "blank". I'm going to watch and see what happens. I believe other users may have that set up as well. We should really incorporate this parameter with all of our users since they can change PO's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It' helpful to me your infomation about 'define default values for buyers'. thank you

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In the IMG, you would go to the Purchasing section under Materials Management. Then, under Environmental Data, is "Define Default Values for Buyers". You can create your own default and check the appropriate settings under each tab. Once you create the default values, you can then assign users this new parameter. The parameter ID would be EVO and the value would be whatever you gave it in the IMG. For example, you create a default value Z1. In the user parameters, you would enter EVO for the parameter ID and Z1 for the value.

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monique,

Perhaps there is custom user exit available to overwrite the system set the value after process input. Which transaction code are you dealing with?

But please try to use SHD0 or GuiXt first which not involved a lot of ABAP coding to default unchecked info update box prior to looking at user exits. Unless you know how to do ABAP coding.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto