Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Info Update box automatically checked

We have a situation that is causing us great grief. I'm hoping y'all may be able to help me out.

Prior to SRM, our users were creating PO's and it did not matter if the info update box would be checked. Of course, it did generate a lot of info records that did not relate to a material master (only vendor and material group).

Before we went live with SRM, we flagged all of these info records for deletion so it would not cause problems. But, some of these are slipping through. When an info record is created for a particular material group only, all requisitions still not converted over into a PO will change the original fixed or desired vendor to the vendor on the info record.

I have looked at the PO's with the info record box checked. Our users are not familiar with this box and I'm certain they are not physically checking the box. I don't know if suppressing the field will help prevent info records from getting created. But, if not, how can I prevent info record creation based on a material group only?

OSS recommended transaction OMF0. But, I don't know what impact this will have on our system since I cannot recreate the problem we are encountering in Production.

Any ideas?

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question