cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P_PERNR auth object- HR Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Into HR Payroll, one user can't see her own tax data but she can see all others. The following authorization object- P_PERNR was checked during execution:

The following authorization object was checked into SU53:

Object: P_PERNR

Authorization level: R

Infotype: 0207

Interpretation of assigned personnel number: I

Subtype: ''

And available authorizations for the object in user master record:

Object: P_PERNR

Authorization level: *

Infotype: 0207

Interpretation of assigned personnel number: E

Subtype: *

Any idea, what is wrong and how can it be corrected ?

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

U can use * this does not lead to an undefined situation

• has precedence over E and E takes precedence over I, whereby * is interpreted as I.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of giving * , you can also try giving 'I' in Interpretation of assigned personnel number. Currently it is 'E' thats why the person is not able to see his/her own record. E means exclude and 'I' means include.

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for your reply. I know, that could be the solution from SU53, to assign *. But, I have read into SAP website and also some other forum that SAP has advised not to use * for this object.

So would you please focus some more on P_PERNR auth object ?

Thanks..

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A

• * indicates a blanket accesss for all PERNRs.. the employee is already seeing everybodyelse except self.. So giving a * access wouldn't hurt anything..

I don't know where you read that a '' is not recommended.. Granting a '' access depending on the requirement is very much allowed.. that is what I have in my Profile... Also, SAP help says it is permitted.. Pl check Example 2 in the following <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/ef/4aba3b3bf00152e10000000a114084/frameset.htm">SAP Documentation</a>

Regards,

Suresh Datti

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try this..

Change the value of Interpretation of assigned personnel number to * .

Regards,

Suresh Datti