Support Contract wref to sales order-how to get serial number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Below is the scenario

Step 1:I sell product[supplied by thirdparty] in sales order 123456

Material number Description Qty

material-0001 Printer 2

Step 2:While purchase it from 3rd party it will be having serial number which can be entered manually while doing goods receipt. Eg:

Material number Description Qty Serial number

Material-001 Printer 1 PS-10001

Material-001 Printer 1 PS-10002

Step 3: Now I create a support contract with reference to the sales order 123456 for the sold printers.Here I need to capture the serial numbers of both printers, so that when customer complaints, the item can be identified.

How can we achieve this in the contract?

Waiting for a quick reply

Thanks

Banu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Banu,

Are you going to take care of Printer (Servicing under Contract) using Service Notification & Service order?

If so, you need to maintain the Equipment master the for that material + serial number. You can get the list of those material + serial number with system status "ECUS" using TCODE IQ08 if you maintain the appropriate serial number profile in the material master.

1.Select the Material serial number line item and click on Details icon

2.Then Click on the Equipment View button (left top of the screen)

3.Maintain the Equipment master data like maintenance plannning plant, work center, Sales data, Customer information etc...

After creating (Converting the material + Serial Number into) an Equipment,

1. Create a Service contract (VA41) with Service material in the contract line items and attach the Equipment number(s) as Technical object to the contract line item. Also enter the Start and End date of the contract with price (Conditions)

2.Now you can create service notification / order with that Equipment as reference object.Once you ender the Equipment number in the Notificaiton / order, System will populate the contract details in the Object information window.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Babu

Edited by: BabuCS on May 27, 2009 10:23 AM

Edited by: BabuCS on May 27, 2009 10:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Babu for the detailed explanation..

Unfortunately we are not going ahead with CS contract+service order

But planning to have SAP SD contract and Sales order.

In this case how do I capture serial number of the product in sales order and hence into its corresponding service item in contract?

Awaiting for ideas..

Thanks

Banu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Banu,

1. Create a Contract with Service product.

a. Create a Service material in MM01, with material type DIEN

b. Create a General Task list master (Tcode - IA05).

c. Attach this Task list with the Service material using OISD Tcode (set the reference object Equipment - if your equipment and serial number are same) -->(Service Product)

2.Attach the Technical objects (Equipment Number or Material number + Serial Number) to the line item service product.Maintain the contract data like price, start and end date.

3. Create a Sales order VA01, with reference to the Contract document

a. Configure this sales document type, material type to determine the Item category TAD

b. Let this Item category has the Requirement type SERA (maintain Service order type in requirement class(230 as default)

4. System will ask you the equipment number to create a Service order.

5. Enter the Equipment number,

System will ask you to select the Operations from the task list that has been attached with the Service product in step 1.c

6. Save the sales order and open in Change mode.

7. In Scheduled lines tab, you can find a "Service order button". Click on the button, will show the service order for the given Equipment number in display mode.

You can edit the Service order IW32, and confirm the operations and issue materials to capture the actual cost and settle to the Sales order.

Hope this would help.

Regards,

Babu.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Babu for the complete details. The scenario is like this, we create a sales order for say selling the hardware Eg:material - laptop.Qty=4,so there will be 4 serial numbers included while doing goods issue for each laptop.

Now I create a contract for covering support for laptops, which will be service material : laptop service, now is there a way to have those 4 serial number of laptops attached to this service item anywhere in the contract?

Any suggestions would be of great use.

Thanks

Banu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Banu,

Create a Contract with a Service material (LAPTOP_SERVICE) as a line item.

Select the Line item and select the Menu path Extras-->Technical Objects. You can view a new window where you can add Equipment serial Number or Material number and Serial Number. You can attach any numbers of Equipments with the Contract line item.

Whenever you create a Notification / Service order, the system will show you the Contract Number and its Line item which covers the Equipment in the Object information window.(you need to assign an Object information key to the Notification type / Order type with the indicator Automatic enabled).

You can view the contract number by clicking on the details button in the Reference object sub window of Order / Notification.

If your Service order settlement profile defaulted the Settlement cost reciever is contract (SDI), the cost would be settled to the Specific contract.

FYI, an equipment may have more than one contract and a contract may have more than equipment.

Hope this helps.

Babu.K

CS consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot Babu, comments you had shared solved my problem!!

Thanks experts for sharing useful comments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a similar requirement however a bit more complex and I am looking for help on how to approach it. My client is an IT Services company, their processes are initially triggered by the commissioning of a server.

I would like to be able to create a sales order and from here trigger an assembly process. However my assembly process does not involve PP ad all the materials are externally purchased.

So I would like to be able to trigger the assembly order from the sales order and from the Assembly Order trigger the Purchasing Requisition.

My issue is that I am not sure what requirement class I should use.

Can someone please assist?

Kind regards

Silvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Silvia,

Better you create a new thread in EAM forum if you want to discuss in CS/SM perspective.

Babu

Answers (0)