Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy users from one system to the other

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am looking for a way to copy users and roles/profiles from an ABAP system A to an ABAP system B WITHOUT overwriting the exiting users in system B.

System A is an ABAP only ERP 2004 system and system B an ABAP + JAVA NW 7.0 system running PI. What I need is all users from the ERP2004 system to exist in the PI 7.0 system without risking deleting the existing PI users that are defined during the installation of PI.

Many thanks

Andreas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

When an user is already existing, the system will not overwrite with the same name / it will not delete either.

I would suggest you download the users from both the system USR* tables in SE16, put a VLOOKUP in excel, where you can find the additional users existing in ERP system.

Write an LSMW to upload these users into the PI system.

Regards,

Ravi

1 REPLY 1

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

When an user is already existing, the system will not overwrite with the same name / it will not delete either.

I would suggest you download the users from both the system USR* tables in SE16, put a VLOOKUP in excel, where you can find the additional users existing in ERP system.

Write an LSMW to upload these users into the PI system.

Regards,

Ravi