cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading a file to CM repository fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I am trying to upload a file to the CM repository and I get the following error:

"<file> does not exist, or file is empty; you cannot upload empty files."

I applied the solution specified in SAP Note 898637, but the same problem persists. The version I am using is <b>NW 2004S SP5</b>.

Any configurations I might have missed?

Thanks,

Seema

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I guess you are writing a custom code to upload files into CM Repository? Are you using FileUpload Component?

If you are using it,make sure that you have added the following in a dynpage

Form form = this.getForm();
<b>form.setEncodingType("multipart/form-data")</b>;

In case of a JSPDynPage make sure that the following is added in the JSP.

<hbj:form id="myFormId" <b>encodingType="multipart/form-data</b>">

Hope it helps

Regards,

Srinath

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You so much Deshdeepak. Your solution worked! But now I am getting the following message. Upon selecting either of these options, I can successfully upload. But I wonder why this message keeps popping up in spite of the fact that there are no documents by that name in my folder?

<b>An item with this name already exists. You can create a new version of the existing item or create a new item with the same name or a different name. Creating a new version of the existing item will retain any additional information associated with that item such as the description or any annotations.

o Create new version of the existing item and retain the associated information

o Save As "filename"

[Ok] [Cancel]</b>

Thanks,

Seema

deshdeepak_shukla2
Participant
0 Kudos

Seema

In addition to the note 898637 you need to do the following configurations.

Assign Full control or atleast write permission for user <b>SAPService<SID></b> on the Temp folder selected for the Note configuration.

Let me know if this doesn't solve the problem

~Deshdeepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

No there are no error messages in the logs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. I am checking against the '/documents' repository which comes with KM. The secutiy manager used is AclSecurityManager. I have the same problem while testing with other repositories like the file reository '/etc'.

How/where do I check the permissions ?

Thanks,

Seema

former_member441228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Assuming you have checked access on the source file you're trying to upload, do you see any related messages being logged to either the defaulttrace or the application log?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You for the response. I am not writing any custom code. From the "KM Content" page, I select "/documents" and from the "Folder>New>Upload" , I choose the "upload" option.This fails! why?

Thanks,

Seema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seema,

What security manager have you used while creating the CM Repository ?

Check out the permissions on the KM folder?

Thanks,

Sam