cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upload data into ztable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i need to upload data from notepad into ztables. what is the best method of doing it? do we use gui upload? when do we use BDC and when to go for LSMW? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lathika,

For uploading data from notepad to ztable you can use GUI_UPLOAD function module. If you have to upload legacy data into some standard transaction such as MM02 then you can use a BDC or LSMW.

LSMW is a ready tool provided by SAP and you have to follow some 17 steps to migrate data. In batch input method ,you need to do recording for the transaction concerned.BDCs Session method is the better choice because of some advantages over call transaction. But call transaction useful to do immediate updation of small amount of data. (In call transaction developer has to handle errors).

Thanks & Regards

Subathra

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks guys.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

what is CL_GUI_FRONTEND_UTILITIES?

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is a class, check it in SE24.

Regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lathika,

This is the class which has GUI_UPLOAD method and lot of other utilities related to file handling. This is the latest class and replaces all the function modules like GUI_UPLOAD. However, you need to make sure this exists in the version you are working on.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark all the helpful answers

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the class name is <b>CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES</b>

check it in SE24.

Regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To upload data use FM : GUI_UPLOAD.

As Ur uploading the data into Z Tables , better

U do a direct update using INSERT statement.

Regards,

GSR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lathika,

BDC / LSMW does not make sense in this case as the data is NOT screen driven or object driven.

I would rather upload it using the CL_GUI_FRONTEND_UTILITIES and manually do the validations and update the table with a INSERT / UPDATE statement.

Regards,

Ravi

NOTE : Please mark the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

For a z table, I would use GUI_UPLOAD. You will have to do your own validations and inserts.

Rob