Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substitution - Pass all postings from level 1 WBS to lower WBS

former_member256837
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have defined project type X.

For this particular project type, i want to pass on all the postings from 1st level WBS element to following level WBS elements.

I think this is possible with Substitution. Can you please guide me how do i do this?

Thanks

Regards,

Smile

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wat do you mean by posting? Is it FI posting?

FI posting will hapeen at individual WBS level. If you hit lower level WBS they will roll up to top level WBS.

I dont understand why do you want to use substitution?

Sarang

former_member256837
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang, Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for reply!

I am sorry that i was not very clear with the question.

In my organisation, projects are defined like this, 1st level WBS is billing element and all revenues are posted to this WBS.

There are further levels 2,3 to each projects and i would like to distribute the revnues per WBS.

Example: project A is defined as - level1 WBS

Level 2 - each of the depts working on the project.

The man hours are booked per dept to level 2 WBS elements.

I would like to distribute the revenues also to each of the depts from level 1 WBS by using substitutions.

Is this possible? How?

Regards,

Smile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I guess you are refering to actual revenues. So if that is the case I am still not getting the logic of distributing the revenues to lower WBS. The revenues can be booked against the lower level WBS (provided they are billing elemnt) and total will roll up to top WBS.

For planned revenues you can distribute the planned revenues to lower WBS in CJ42.

thanks

Sarang

former_member256837
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks!

In our case, billing element is always first WBS element and i am sending invoice to customer directly from SAP. So invoice has to one.

But i need to do the revnue distribution to lower levels.

Can i do this with profit center postings? Is it possible? How?

Regards,

Smile

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Things are not very clear what u wanna say. If you are asking about cost and values that is done thru periodic settlement and final settlement. In settlement u can post the cost from lower wbs to uper level wbs. Refer to libraby notes for further info.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha