cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTA

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i want use MTA in project, i have add milestone to some activity.. entered basic fix date.

i have ticked for trend analysis...

but in CNMT i am getting no data for selection

pls help

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

try creating project versions that are mta relevant.. (either by status or CN72)...

then change the dates etc... in the project..

then run cnmt again...

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnx

but there i can see only one straight line in triangle..

how could i see the deviation, could u pls tell me so that i can understand the utility of MTA

what i know that it is used to see the deviation in achieving the milestone

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

deviation happens when there is change in the mielstone...

so change the original planned dates and schedule it so that milestone date also changes..

or change the dates in the milestones...

then try to run cnmt again, you should see the changes...

concept is like this: you have originally planned dates and milestones have their dates too... then you create a version for this so system can compare later.... then later in project, changes happen so you need to reschedule the activities, wbs and milestones... milestone trend analysis is used to compare or track the changes that occured... so you compare the previous version with the current data... you can compare many versions so you see the changes that happen at each stage..

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Good reply from you.. I have one observation that whenever I am confirming the activity to which the MS is assigned or TECO the WBSE to which the MS is assigned, the scheduled date gets changed to the date with reference to the Confrimation date. Why it is getting changed ? With this whether the MTA will get disturbed ?

thanks

Vinodh