cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget check only after release?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i maintain cost activity in project and when i save it, it checks against the budget...

is it possible such that it will check the cost activity only upon release of the activity? in other words, i can save it (even if it has greater amount than budget) as long as it is only CRTD... but when it is REL (released), it will already check against budget.

note that AVAC is already activated in order to check the other objects in the project...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

create 2 user status in first dont allow AVAC check and assign the AVAC activation 2nd user status which will be activated upon relese of activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

it is only possible to do that for wbs element.. but not for activity... in my requirement the WBS has AVAC but it will only consider/check the cost from the activity if the cost activity has been released... if cost activity has only status CRTD then it will be allowed to save even if the maintained cost in it is greater than the budget... is there a way for that?

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

To my knowledge u can activate availability control on networks, only for Materials by using Network type(TC-OPJK) if u define no check here system doesnu2019t check for availability. Pls check, this might help u.

If this is not the scenario what u are explaining, please explain me the way u have configured availability check on planned values. This will help all to do better R&D on availability check for planned values.

Thanks & Regards,

//sam

Answers (0)