cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial number assignment to batch split position in outbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a question for which I can't find any answer even though I have been struggling through several forums, etc. Let me explain it:

I create a outbound delivery for material XYZ which is batch managed and serial number managed. An automatic batch determination takes place. Thus a batch split is created for the main item 10. Since the serial number is required, I enter the serial number for the batch split position 900001. Press enter and save.

The problem is, that afterwards the batch split positions aren't shown in the Batch split screen using transaction VL02N (the batch split positions and also the serial number can be displayed via VL03N). The issue is that the serial number entered cannot be removed nor the batch split can be changed anymore.

Message VL429: Batch/Val.type split only possible if no serial numbers are maintained.

It seems to be a standard SAP functionality, but a little bit tricky. Can anybody help me?

1. How can I remove the serial number assignment for a batch split position?

2. Is there any customizing setting with which I could perhaps deactivate the check?

Thanks a lot in advance. Any input is appreciatted!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

issue has been solved at last. The batch split indicator can be used to display the batch structure of an item. And here the serial number can be removed as well.