cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LogonLoadQuality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All...

I am trying to understand how to set my Logon Load Quality properties in CCMS. I have researched the topic in SAP Library - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/3c/198d3b05e2fd6ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm

The information listed in the help library is vague….

Logon Load Quality

(R3DialogLogonLoadQuality)

"Value for the quality of the dialog system (calculated from Users Logged On and Dialog Response Time, among other things); if you are using load balancing, this value determines which server is used at logon".

Anyone know what elements are in “among other things”? The properties we are currently using is the default SAP value i.e. < 100 yellow and <50 red. Not knowing what the “among other things” are, I have no idea where to begin to optimize my system. Is there some kind of docs out there that I could use to help me figure this out?

Thanks;

Huda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Huda!

Do you have (often) an unbalanced system? Meaning some servers are highly occupied and others are more or less idle?

Otherwise I would not bother this part, logon balancing is ONLY affecting during the logon. If later some users are starting high activities and others not - no one will log out and log in on an other server (as long as you aren't a programmer )

If you know already in beforehand, my FI department is not causing very much workload, my sales department is heavy user, MM and others are in the middle:

then define different logon-groups: e.g. on server for FI, two servers for sales and one server for the rest. By this buffering will be more effective, because only tables of the same area will be used per server -> memory is used more effectively.

And in general performance tuning usually starts by analyzing slow selects...

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian;

Thank you for the info.

I am new to SAP Administration and current employer. We are currently using dynamic load balancing and I see quite a bit of LogonLoadQuality below the setup threshold. From my research and now confirmed by you, I am thinking of not even looking at this MTE in my CCMS.

But just in case I ran into a wall...there're always pros and cons in any setup..I understand the pros(effective use of memory), what's the cons?

Rgds;

Huda

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Huda,

contra of splitting the available hardware and defining several (separate) logon groups?

It's fixed. If FI department says good-bye at 18:00 and logistic nightshift could use additional power, then new logins in one global group will use the 'free' server'. If you made two logon groups, then the FI server will get lazy.

On the other hand: you could switch this server to more background jobs and plan more jobs for the night.

Again more work and a higher sophisticated solution. So without care, you will waste power, but you win new possibilities.

The beginning is setting up different logon-groups and giving this to user. You still can assign all servers to all groups... so the way back is easy.

Regards,

Christian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our dept had a discussion and based on your input, Chrsitian, we decided that this is something we are not going to spend time working/worrying about.

So, THANK U for arming me with the info.

Huda