Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

projects and employees with different co codes

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi every one,

In my project i got scenerio where we have 2 company codes for ex 1000 and 2000. We are using cats for time sheets in sap. Now the problem is in projects employees of both company codes are working for projects of both company code means. one project is there in com code 1000 but employee of cocode 2000 is also working on that. i can assign all the employees in project but the moment we are trying to fill the time sheet in cats the problem is coming relatedt to activity type. Is there any solution as its really for me get the things asap..

Regards

Abhishek SInha

Idhasoft

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I request you to when the error / Information message is the issue please put the details with Information message so, Forum can help you quickly..

Regards

Nitin P.

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

The message is coming activity type6000/60001doesnt exist for 05/12/2009 while filling time sheet (CAT2) . Here 6000 is controlling area and 6001 is activiity type. I am explaining you again its like we are having 2 company code and 2 controlling areas. now project is created in comp code 1000 but we want to assign employee from company code 2000 than above problem is coming in cat2 tranxn. Is there any workaround solution on this.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Idhasoft

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Any body any clue.

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have two Controlling areas or one ? In any case you will only have one controlling area for proj defn. You can have diff WBS under top WBS for different Company codes. This should not be the issue.

While you define the rates for activity types in KP26, go to extras tab at the top and set the controlling area. Then define rate for that activity type. But make sure that Activity types are defined in both controlling areas.

Pls chk n let me know. Companmy code should not have any effect except for Cost Ctr. Cost ctr should be present in both company codes.

Sarang

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi project can capture cost across compnay code and not across the controlling area. So if your activity type is defined in diff. controlling area than only the actitvity type of CoAr in which you project is there it will accept by system.

Check the activity master in KL03 for the CoAr, it should be the sme to your project CoAr.

Now coming to compancy code. If both of your company code are belongs to your project COAr.

Regards

Nitin P.

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin / Sarang,

In my case company code and cotrolling area both are different thats why the prolem is bit complicated. Is there any work arond solution available in SAP.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Idhasoft

Edited by: abhishek sinha on May 25, 2009 8:41 AM

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please create similar Activity type in your Project Defination Controling area. That could be easy and logical option.

I don't think that there may be any other workaround as the Project cost/ commitment , Execution & all reporting is at one CoAr level.

Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes as explained by Nitin, create similar Activity types (KL01) in both controilling area and define the same rates for those activities (KP26) in both controlling area.

In this way you will have the option of using activity types in any controlling area. The cost will be calculated across compnay codes and rolled up at top level.

Sarang

former_member256837
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

This is global project.

We also have the same kind of projects but controlling area is only one.

So we have acitivity types same for all company codes.

I think here special authorizations are required to work in different company code and controlling area.

Please check with your SAP consultant for authorizations.

Regards,

Smile

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin/ Sarang.

Thanks for the reply i got your logic but one confusion in one project we cant use 2 controlling areas. So how we map this in one project. Controlling area is always applicable from project definition.

Regards

Abhishek SInha

Idhasoft

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi this is clear limitation of SAP PS. Just take one thing in mind in one business instance rarely you find many CoARs. And when business is required between diff. Controlling area at that time ....... normally company codes of diff. controlling area is put in one COAr ... so, this can be addressed.

I believe COAr is highest nod.... and we cannot run project across the CoARs. Please check with FI/CO.

Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wil try to explain this with help of example.

u hav 2 controlling areas and 2 companyy codes.

P defn ABC XYZ

Level 1 ABC XYZ

Level 2 1000 1000

Level 2 2000 2000

u will have either ABC or XYZ at proj defn level. Howvere you are defining the activity types and the rates in both controlling area. so the calculations wil be done at Company code level in each project and then rolled up at top level or Controlling area level.

In order to report say how much was labour cost for company 1000, you can report on level 2 WBS for each proj and similarly for for company 2000.

If you want to report at proj defn, then run the report at LEVEL 1 or P defn level.

Only thing reqd from your end is to maintain the activity types and rates for both controlling areas and should be same...

Hope this helps

Sarang

Answers (0)