cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OUI Screen Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We are installing ECC 6.0 on HP Itanium Server(Unix)11.31,during DB (oracle)installation the OUI screen is not coming up,what could be the possible reasons??

Is it some libraries/RPM's missing if so kindly let us know what are the required libraries/RPM's for the OUI to come up...as the xclock is being displayed.

Pls suggest the necessary action.

Best Regards

Infinite Team

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you will have to log off from <sid>adm user and login as ora<sid> user to install Oracle

dont do a su for ora<sid> user to do oracle installation,your OUI screen will not come up

Rohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> dont do a su for ora<sid> user to do oracle installation,your OUI screen will not come up

you can certainly do an "su" but you have to

su - ora<SID>

(including a dash), otherwise the system won't pick up the environment of the user ora<SID>.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

The installation guide itself says you have to open a new session with ora<sid>

Also I faced this issue couple of years back,after central instance installation,I dis su - ora<sid> and tried starting oracle installation and faced same issue

and then some one told me to log off this session and open a new session with ora<sid> and it worked wonders

Rohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The installation guide itself says you have to open a new session with ora<sid>

Using "su - dash - ora<SID>" does exactly that

> and then some one told me to log off this session and open a new session with ora<sid> and it worked wonders

Well - maybe the Unix flavor you used did not honor (at that time) the new .profile/.cshrc files created...

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the answer Can you pls tell me where the .profile will be located.

Thanks in Advance

Infinite Team

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's in the home directory of the user.

Markus

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

could you please check the useful [url |http://stanford.edu/dept/itss/docs/oracle/10g/em.101/b12140/2_oui_using.htm] please do check the sap note Note 1178339 - Universal Installer / OPatch tools are Hanging and / or Fail.

Regards,

S.Manu.