cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal username and password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

There is any way to enter the Portal without registering the username and password, I need to know if I can create a default user who has registered the name and password

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206159
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can enter the portal with ANONTYMOUS LOGON. But you can see the content which is assigned to your annymous user.

For creating anonymous users

Go to Config tool . In the UME property ume.login.guest_user.uniqueids add the users with a seperated comma. After that restart the servlet engine.

The below weblog will give you a clear picture

Raghu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a default Guest user setup when the portal is installed. For a Java only stack it is Guest, for a dual stack it is J2EE_GUEST.

birojpatro
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

You can have your user data source as LDAP (Active Directory) or ABAP or Portal Database.

If you configure your Portal to LDAP or the ABAP data source, you may not need to register the user on Portal. You will get all the users from the LDAP or the ABAP.

If you want to use Portal as your user datastore, then through user administration you can create the users.

Hope I understood your question.

Cheers!!!

Biroj Patro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ivan,

You can use anonymous logon.Anonymous logon enables users to access the portal in anonymous mode, without providing any form of authentication.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/cd/1aad4abcb98c4597f9e395a6b62f43/frameset.htm

As such when you install the portal, you would be creating the Administrator user or the J2EE_ADMIN user.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck!

Sandeep Tudumu