cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do i need to create seperate SWCV?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to send some files from SAP to FTP.

Most of the times FILE-XI-FTP. Can i develop under SAP created SWCV like "SAP HR 4.70" or do i need to create separate swcv and create dependency?

Thank You

Ganges Leaves

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganges,

It is better to create separate SWCV for the Legacy Systems.

But even you can use the Standard SWCV. But when you upgrade into different nw stacks, then it will overwrite.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for quick reply.

I have separate Business system/technical syatem/SWCV for Lagacy side.

I am asking for SAP side.

1. If i create a new SWCV , do i need to create a dependency in SLD?

2. This new SWCV is good for using RFC and IDOCS also? Is it right?

Thank you

Ganges Leaves

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganges,

You have SWCV for all SAP systems. Depending on your SAP installation you can decide on which SWCV to use.

For eg, for utlities it will have a separate ISU SWCV.

Regards

Vijaya

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganges,

If you separate SWCV for legacy Systems, then try to create all the objects under that. Even you can use this SWCV for RFCs and Idocs. But you need to have separate Technical Systems/Business systems to point to R/3 Systems in the SLD.

Dependency, yes, you can create. But in your case, this scenario(file XI file), it may not be useful.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

vijaya Kumari, I do have one like SAP HR 4.70, But is it okey to create development object under this SWCV?

Do i need to create seperate one and like to the above SWCV?

Thank you

Ganges Leaves

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganges -

Even for the SAP side, yes, create a separate SWCV.

<i>1. If i create a new SWCV , do i need to create a dependency in SLD?</i>

Not necessarily. If there is XI Content available for the standard SAP component and you want to reuse or modify some of the standard objects, then yes, you'll need to create a dependency to the delivered SWCV with SAP content. Otherwise, you don't need to and you don't even need the standard SWCV imported into the repository.

<i>2. This new SWCV is good for using RFC and IDOCS also? Is it right?</i>

Yes, absolutely!

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jin Shin ,

I got you. Now

1.Am i going to have one SWCV on sender side for each target lagacy system? (or)

2. Only one SWCV on sender side for all target lagacy systems?

I am thinking the second one. Am i right?

Thank you

Ganges Leaves

Message was edited by: Ganges Leaves

Message was edited by: Ganges Leaves

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganges,

<i>2. Only one SWCV on sender side for all target lagacy systems</i>?

>>> This is good option, provided all target legacy systems are the logicaly related. If you have multiple legacy systems and they are different in thier buisness functions, then it is better to have one SWCV for each legacy systems. So creating SWCV is depends on the Business Process/functionality.

And it is always advisable to create all the objects under the Source SWCV.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganges -

Yes, option 2 is the better choice. But as Moorthy states, it's probably advisable to have more than one SWCV for your target legacy systems (e.g. one for each legacy) depending on whether you want to organize the development objects by business process/application area or by system.

For example, if you organize it by process/application area, then you might have one SWCV and have a different namespace for each legacy system within the SWCV. Or you could just have a SWCV for each of your legacy systems. I've seen it successfully done both ways.

Regards,

Jin

Answers (0)