cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change CSMREG password?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to re-register our sapccmsr on our db server because there is an error on OS07N "Partner casapdb_CAP_32 not reached (reading table).

I've check the sapccmsr and saposcol, all is running well

Several months ago we have the same problem, but our consultant solved it.

I also try to stop sapccmsr and start again but still can not work

So, I try to re-register sapccmsr, but I don't know the CSMREG password

Can anybody help me how to change the password so I can continue registering sapccmsr?

Thanks a lot

Rgds,

Della

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rosa

If several sapccm4x or sapccmsr agents are registered/installed in your landscape with the Solution Manager or CEN, then all of them must be using the user CSMREG, right ?

So, in that case, you must not change the password of the user CSMREG, if you will change the password of CSMREG to rectify the problem for one satellite system, then all other systems in the landscape would be affected and RFCs would fail for other systems.

In this case, what you can do is, create a copy of the user CSMREG using SU01 in Solman (If you are trying to register the sapccmsr to the Solman) and then use that user and password here for registering the system which is currently in problem.

If you can't find out that in which client the current CSMREG user is, then create a new one using RZ21 in the client in which you have access and then use that csmreg user.

But keep in mind that, the user CSMREG should be in the CEN with which you are trying to register the sapccmsr

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This user exist in SAP database, so you can reset the password via SU01, what you need to check is client which you are using for monitoring

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

oooo..

as simple as that??

If I change the password now, is there any big issue? I mean impact to another program or something that can ruin our production? example : SM59 or something??

thanks