Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BASIS questions

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

At a time I need to assign password to 35 users..From where can we do this function? I tried from SU10; it does not have an option.

I am assigning a role to 50 users from SU01...Is there anywhere we can automate the user comparison of PFCG instead of doing manually?..if its possible how to do it.

I would appreciate your help

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhimanyu_pandey
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi..Daniel

You can change setting in PFCG. After changing setting whenever you do a change in Role, it is automatically compare all related users. To do it,

go to PFCG and open a role in display mode. Then goto utilities>setting and check "automatic user master adjustment".

In addtion to this, you can schedule PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY job on daily basis in SM36 to compare all users with it's assigned role automatically.

Regards,

Abhimanyu

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all your replies.

Can anybody please answer my first question( assigning password at a time)

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That facility is not provided by SAP

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Anyother workaround?

abhimanyu_pandey
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi..

To assign password for many users at a time, you can use CATT .

Use Tcode scat and record the transaction and upload the user_name and password file. ( for this you can take help of any funcational consultant if you do not have idea about it).

It will surely do thing as required by you.

Regards,

Abhimanyu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member256962
Participant
0 Kudos

In su10..i have mass activation of password....(710 sp04)...Check with latest basis sp....cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer to link

[PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/52/671583439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Nikunj Thaker.

Former Member
0 Kudos

security question

you can use PFUD

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_banking463/helpdata/en/52/6711ec439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Edited by: Bhudev on May 22, 2009 10:44 AM

'spelling mistake' 'link added'