cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order creation with respect to contracts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am trying to create a saleorders with referece to contract for which in the background I configured so that during my sales order creation I see the pop-up box with all existing contracts for a specified sold-to party.

This process is so painful that order entry people have to manually select from the big list (pop up box consisting of huge list).

Is there any way so that I can automate this process insetead of selecting contracts from that list.

Regards

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you create a release order the

system automatically searches for any open outline agreements. You can choose several options for the

search and how the system should react if the search is successful:

􀁹 Blank No checks

􀁹 A/B Check at header / item level:

The system compares the customer and material numbers. If there are any open outline agreements, it

displays a dialog box where you can choose whether to display a list of the agreements or continue

processing the sales order.

􀁹 C/D Check at header / item level and copy if unique:

If the system finds exactly one open outline agreement, the document is created automatically. Instead

of displaying a dialog box, the system issues an informational message in the status bar for the release.

􀁹 E/F Check at header / item level and branch immediately to selection list:

Instead of displaying a dialog box, the system immediately goes to the selection list. No dialog box is

displayed. If there is only one open contract, ,the system reacts as in C/D.

Hope this will help you to configure the sales document type.

Regards,

Atul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

One way is to create the order with reference to the Contract and then the system will not give the pop up for the existing contracts.

The other way to automate the process is by using a userexit. Here the system should check all the existing valid contracts for this sold to party and should select the oldest or latest valid contract, as per the client choice.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your solution and could you please give me some more details what is the neame of the user exit.

and welcome for some more suggestions.

Thanks

Krishna

One way is to create the order with reference to the Contract and then the system will not give the pop up for the existing contracts.

The other way to automate the process is by using a userexit. Here the system should check all the existing valid contracts for this sold to party and should select the oldest or latest valid contract, as per the client choice.

Thanks,

Ravi