cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM59 connection defination, activation type as Registered server program

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am unable to understand about the option "Registered Server Program" as activation type while defining the RFC connection. Could some one please clarify below things...

1.Why this option is for ?

2.Where do we need to register the program and how we decide about the program name?

Thanks & Regards

Rajesh Meda

SM59 connection defination, activation type as Registered server program

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

RFCs of type 'Register server program' are created generally to make connections between an SAP system and the non-SAP system or you can say, between an ABAP system and the non-ABAP too.

like between ABAP and Java, between SAP and third party servers (standalone servers)

'Server program ID' is used to register the program at the destination server. Like, you can take an example of communicaiton of a third party server to the SAP ABAP for IDOCs. Here, you have to create/define an RFC connection between SAP and the third party server. these are of type 'TCP/IP', if you see as the type of destinations in SM59. These programs are being registered as SAP gateway so as to access the third party server

However, I don't have some useful doc link for you, may be you can try more to search, but sometimes we did face problems like failure of these kind of RFCs, we followed these Notes

Note 353597 - Registration of a server program

Note 63930 - Gateway registration of RFC server program

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bhudev,

Thanks for your reply. I went through the given notes.

How ever, not able to figure out where to execute/specify the below command. Any suggetion ?

<Program> -a<Program_ID> -g<SAP_Gateway_hostname> -x<Gateway_Service>

Thanks & Regards

Rajesh Meda

Former Member
0 Kudos

please find the explaination mention below

This Command run at os level.

rfcexec -atest -gHOST -xsapgwXX

XX- stands for the system number

Host -host name of the system on which the abap system is installed.

test- the Progran ID mentioned i the RFC in SM59.

please use -& at the end of the profram in Unix so that this command can run in background, and continue running when you logout of the server at os level.

Thanks Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

So far I haven't faces any such issues...but this info is helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Rajesh Meda