We are running ECC 6.0 on Solaris 10 with Oracle Database 10g.
Ours is a two-system landscape - DEV (development server) and PRD (production server).
In DEV we have three clients:
300 (Development Client)
400 (Customization Client)
700 (Test Client)
And in PRD, we have 300 client (Production Client).
Following are the problems with the current system landscape:
1) 300 client exists in both DEV and PRD and creating confusion. We want to change it to a unique number.
2) 300 client in DEV has application data. We want to remove the application data from it.
3) 400 client in DEV also has application data. We want to remove the application data from it.
After analysing, we came to the following solutions:
1) We make a fresh client lets say, 200 in DEV which will be a remote client copy from PRD (300) using SAP_CUST profile and then, we will drop client 300 from DEV. (We hope if we delete client 300 from DEV, all the ABAP development and repository objects will not get deleted). We release this new 200 client to the Development Team.
2) We drop client 400 in DEV and recreate it by performing a remote client copy from PRD (300) using SAP_CUST profile. We release this new 400 client in DEV to the Customization Team.
Could we request you all to throw some light on our proposed solutions?