cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SO type creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

1st time I'm creating Sales Order document type. This SO type should use differnt no range. Kindly assist me the path to sett up all these & how may go about it.

Appreciate if someone brief the full process of SO type creation in SD module. Thank you.

rgds,

nantha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

You can use the path

SPRO>>>>>>Sales & distribution>>>>>sales>>>>sales documents>>>>sales doc header>>>>define new sales doc types

Or u can use the t code VOV8

You can create a new sales document type by going to new entries or you can copy the existing sales order type to your new doc type.

Before this create number ranges in VN01 and assign the same number range in VOV8

If you want to have new Document pricing procedure you have to define it in

SPro>>>>Sales and distribution>>>>basic functions >>>>>pricing>>>>

regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks guru.

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

The new sales document type can be created using the Tcode VOV8

The navigation path is as follows:

SPRO->SALES & DISTRIBTION->SALES--->SALES DOCUMENTS->SALES DOCUMENT HEADER---->CREATE SALES DOCUMENTS.

Copy the Existing sales document which is standar OR and create a new with Z as prefix like ZOR

Then goto Copy controls and maintain the copy control settings from the OR to ZOR

Copy controls can be done in Tcode VTAA

then maintain the Item category and schedle line copy controls in the same segment/Node.

Hope this is clear for creating a new document.

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I created SO type copying from other SO type. But I'm not so clear with the explanation given below. Could you please explain more on below statement. TQ.

"Copy the Existing sales document which is standar OR and create a new with Z as prefix like ZOR

Then goto Copy controls and maintain the copy control settings from the OR to ZOR

Copy controls can be done in Tcode VTAA then maintain the Item category and schedle line copy controls in the same segment/Node."

rgds,

nantha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its Saying, After going to the VOV8 copy the Sales order type OR into your new order type which may be anything Say ZOR.

After copying you can change the setting in VOV8 as required.

Now about copy control VTAA, the expert meant is you have to maintain the copy control from OR to ZOR and check the settings for the setting of ITEM and Schedule line item category,.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to T-code VOV8 select std order type OR, and Copy it to ZOR,

Click on detail icon change No.range int.assgt. in number system tab

Hope this much is resove u r issue

Thanks