cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data node mapped to Adobe Form empty - Web Dynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created a web dynpro component in ABAP. One of the view contains an interactive Adobe form.

Form properties : Data source and pdf source are mapped

Enabled checked

Submit action mapped to a method. This method reads the node mapped to the form.

Form Layout: Used ZCI Layout and Inserted web dynpro script (XML interface)

Dragged attributes from data view to create text fields.

Submit button used from Web dynpro native group

I could not read data from the form.

When I submit the form, data is not captured in the context.

I have used the same context for view and could save the data from the view. But from the adobe form, I cannot read the data.

Is there anything I missed. I have been on this since 2 days with no solution. I dont see any mistake but the form doesnt work.

Version: Adobe Designer : 8.1 (from market place)

SAP Netweaver 2004s SP18

Any help on this is appreciated.

P.S. Used all possible help from SDN existing posts and SAP notes.

Thanks in advance,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188831
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

place a button on webdynpro view it self then try.

make sure your form is working in interactive mode.

else keep this conde in modifyview method.

method WDDOMODIFYVIEW.

data: LR_INTERACTIVE_FORM type ref to CL_WD_INTERACTIVE_FORM,

LR_METHOD_HANDLER type ref to IF_WD_IACTIVE_FORM_METHOD_HNDL.

check first_time = abap_true.

LR_INTERACTIVE_FORM ?= VIEW->GET_ELEMENT(u2018<<ID_OF_YOUR_UIELEMENT>>u2019).

LR_METHOD_HANDLER ?= LR_INTERACTIVE_FORM->_METHOD_HANDLER.

LR_METHOD_HANDLER->SET_LEGACY_EDITING_ENABLED( abap_true ).

endmethod.

or try these links

For More Information look at the link below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/2c/241a427ff6db2ce10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Please look into SAP Notes: 1229392

You can also look at the elearning below:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/media/uuid/c766e918-0b01-0010-99b1-c2b78cd059...

Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everything is fine with the view. Problem is with the adobe form. Form Context is not refreshed with the changed data on the form.

I've tried the code you gave but nothing worked.

Thank you,

Vasu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Posted reply from SAP Support. Issue fixed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no necessary to bind the PDFSource, Do check it once by removing the binding of PDFSource and for the Interactive Form in the WebDynpro goto OnSubmit Event Method and place a external break-point at the starting line.

Also in the Adobe Form, check whether "ContainerFoundation_JS" Script Object is present in the Variables node this can be seen in Heirarchy view by going to Pallette menu bar.

Thanks and Regards

Pradeep Goli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I've removed the pdfsource binding and tested it. Break point is working but the node mapped to adobe is not updated with the form data.

Could you please let me know what happens when the pdfsource is bound?

Thank you,

Vasu

former_member188831
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

As pradeep was telling PDF source might not be necessary, it is useful when we extract the data from PDF.

in your case can you please check the data source of the PDF UI element whether it is binded to your context node, and the same node you are trying to update pdf data and extract the data.

all the best,

Thanks,

Mahesh.Gattu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here you need to read the context attribute data into variable, this can be done by using the code wizard. In the SAP tool bar you will find on yellow colored symbol click on that and in wizard select "read context" there select the appropriate context attribute and press on enter, then automatically code is generated. At the end you will find "get_attribute" defined into one variable. Use that variable to post data into SAP. Similarly you need to read all the attributes, if have placed all the attributes into single node then you can directly read that node instead of the attribute in "read context". Here the node which is read into a structure will act as a work area, so you can directly read the attribute in that noe like workarea-attribute i.e. "wa-a1".

Regards

Pradeep Goli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I used the same steps to read node. But the problem is the node variable doesnt capture the data from adobe form. It should capture the form data but it doesn't. However, when I update the fields mapped to this node in view it captures the data.

So, there is something going wrong on the form which is not sending data to the node. Adobe forms as far as I worked seem to me very inconsistent. And I find no way to debug on the form side. Using the normal break point, I can only debug the code in the controllers.

Thank you,

Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is obviously true that those fields which are defined in webdynpro context are binded to the input fields present in the adobe form only can be captured in Online Adobe Interactive Form, and it doesnt capture those fields for which the binding is not defined.

For this there is workaround that, when the end user fills the final form then he/she needs to save that that filled form and then send it accross to the person. Here it is necessary to design another program(WebDynpro) that you need to upload the Adobe Form, when it is uploadeed then you need to program in methods to read the data for each and every fields. For this coding refer this Blog: [Adobe Interactive Form - Read A Table Manually WDA|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/9121] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards

Pradeep Goli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got a reply from SAP. Its a problem with XML data transformation.

SAP Support:

We debugged the application again and found the reason for the problem:

You are using the ADS from SAP NetWeaver 7.01 (EhP1, Java Stack) in

combination with SAP NetWeaver 7.00 SP15 (ABAP stack).

Your form contains a ZCI script of SAP NetWevaer 7.01 now.

Unfortunately, Adobe has changed the format of the dataXML (which will

be exchanged between the Adobe Reader and Web Dynpro) from 7.00 to 7.01

So Web Dynpro can't find the corresponding Context nodes to update...

I created a patch to solve this problem. I updated the correction

instructions of note 1322323. Please re-apply this note.

Thank you,

Vasu

Edited by: Subramanya Srinivas Mullapudi on Jul 23, 2009 1:16 AM