cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Time out

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting this error when trying to open Import Manager or Data Manager - *Request for a respository read lock time out* - I checked the services and they are up and running.

Have anybody seen this error before?

Thanks for your help,

Claudia Hardeman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

This problem usually occurs when you import data in MDM. MDM in order to safeguard the integrity of the repositoryu2019s data, it locks the repository from all other client activities. This is done to maintain safe and timely import of data without sacrificing performance for other MDM clients.

To optimize this problem SAP in MDM7.1 has introduce the concept of import slices and import sleep time.

For more details please refer page 213 of Console MDM7.1 refernce guide.

I hope I am able to solve your problem

Thanks & Regards

Dilmit Chadha

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

These Exceptions raised because of the following reasons.

A user performs a mass change of records via the MDM Data Manager. This will require read locks (1) for selecting the records and write locks (2) for changing the records on the repository.

Now a second user tries to acquire a read lock (3) on the same repository. Due to the write locks of the first operation the average response time for the second user will increase up until some threshold is reached or the request is cancelled.

please check the following link, this will help alot regarding performance point.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60aacf9a-84c2-2a10-ae81-c2f52f0a...

warm regards

Mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

I have mot seen this error before, but I guess it can be because of 1 reason.

1. The data in the repository is huge and its not able to open the MDM repository.

Please try to open any other GUI viz Import Manager etc, and check if its opening.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain