cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIR creation using a template, but template file is not in content Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sap Gurus,

We have a scenario where in we are planning to maintain a different template Files /documents in SAP DMS,

The user will use this templates to update his details and save the filled in details back accordingly.

so i have uploaded few files / templates in DC30 for a particular Workstation Application to be used as templates,

but this templates are not stored in the content server for the client wide access, so if i have uploaded the file from my system only i can access or work with the template,

why is it so, why is the template not stored in a content server so that every user can access this,

is there any other better way of maintaining the templates in SAP DMS. please let me know.

Points Awaiting

Thanks and regards

Sathish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Thanks for your Answer, but if i only need the template file to be copied and not the entire DIR fields then this might not help.

Thanks and regards

Sathish

Edited by: Sathish Ghadehalli on May 27, 2009 11:30 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish

Please note the if you configure option 2) as Template from Source Document, it will take _only_ the Orginal file attached...

I believe your requirement would meet using the option of Source Document

Regards

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

The original file is not allowed to be renamed as it creates a temporary file on Temp folder. This is causing a problem as i am not able to distribute the DIR with the desired file name as attachment.

would require immediate assistance.

Regards,

Shradha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are two options to store templates

1) Source File :- Where you give the File path in ur PC

2) Source Document :- It takes the template from a DIR stored - the orginal may be stored in the content server

Now you have used option 1)..

Go for 2 ) and store the original in the content server. This will help all users to access the template

Regards

Aby

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish

You can you Option 2 Source Document for Storing Template Documents.

Here is how you can do.

Create Document Type TEM description Template Document & KPRO Tick.

So all your Template Documents will be stored in Content Server.

So all the DIR created under Document Type TEM will be available as Template.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande