Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delimiting Positions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Everything tried on IDES:

I tried delimiting the position through PO13/PP01 and by running the report RHGRENZ4 for changing the end date. I run the report via SE38 (which I understand is to be used by ABAPers only; if Iu2019m wrong, please correct me).

The problem faced for delimiting the position via PO13/PP01 was that the u201Cfrom-tou201D date fields are not active (i.e. they are grey), so could not make the changes.

So I tried,

Report RHGRENZ4 and input the data in all the required fields and executed, due to which I got the result on the next screen as u201CResult successfully changedu201D and saved it. But when I viewed the position (updated position) under organization structure, there was no change.

One thing more, when I saved the changes in the report RHGRENZ4, it took me to the screen ABAP Variant, wherein I mentioned the variant name and the short description as required and saved the changes. Since it took me to the ABAPersu2019 screen, so I understand that a functional person may not be allowed to run this report via SE38 in real time; am I correct or not? Please verify.

Highly appreciable.

Thanks n Regards,

Meenakshi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meenakshi,

I tried delimiting the position through PO13/PP01 ->>>>>>>

You have to use the Position menu (located at the top). Open Position menu and choose delimit. You need to provide the end date, unmark or mark historical record (depends on what you want) and then delimit.

And I believe this is what the system meant in "Infotype 1000 can only be delimited via "Delimit object" .

It will also delimit all other infotype records like relationships and others by the same delimit date.

One thing more, when I saved the changes in the report RHGRENZ4, it took me to the screen ABAP Variant, wherein I mentioned the variant name and the short description as required and saved the changes. Since it took me to the ABAPersu2019 screen, so I understand that a functional person may not be allowed to run this report via SE38 in real time; am I correct or not? Please verify.->>>>>

The functional person either can use SA38 to run the report or use TCODE - RE_RHGRENZ4 for executing the program. But the person should have authorization for this Tcode and the program and also for maintaining the data for OM objects. This you need to check with your security guys. Related to the variant screen that is generally used to create variant for the programs which we need to run on some frequency and with almost same parameters. So we create variants for the program adn then schedule a job for the program with that variant to pick the defaulted parameters. So when you are running by urself and enetering the parameters u dont need tio save the variant and also if you have authoraization for SA38 to run this program, I think you can also save avriant.

Last just go in SE16 and check the record in HRP1000 for the position you have ran the above mentioned report, the record should be delimited. Possibly in org structure as it will pick on current date and your delimit date might be later then the current date, so there u are not getting any changes.

Hope this will resolve ur queries

guds

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u so very much dear......meenakshi

Answers (0)