cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP and Inventory Reservations MD04

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been digging on inventory reservations and have found nothing to indicate the the MRP element OrdRes is "decremented" by partial issues of inventory on process orders PI01 type. Were seeing the required quantity stay the same until final issue flag is set (or entire reserved qty issued) and final confirmation/clear reservations set on COR6N. Is this standard SAP functionality or is there configuration I've missed somewhere?

Tim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tim,

The order reservation quantity does not change based on the goods Issue, but you can see withdraw quantity updated in RESB table. I feel the problem you are encountring is that you are making Unplanned-GI against the order, in that case the withdraw quantity does not get updated.

Please let us know how you are performing the goods Issue. General mistake endusers could be doing is that in transaction MB1A, the user may be entering the process order details in the Goods Issue: Overview screen(2nd-Screen) instead of using the GI--->Against Order/Reservation option in the intial screen.

Please go through this link [Discussion on Unplanned GI|http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=258256&p=777417]

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasobh,

Typically the users are going to MB1A for 261 mvt and selecting "To Order" not "To Reservation" button. I'll test this weekend and also have asked one of our users to do the same. I printed the link.

Thanks,

Tim

Enjoy the holiday

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim,

The order reservation quantity does not change based on the goods Issue, but you can see withdraw quantity updated in RESB table. I feel the problem you are encountring is that you are making Unplanned-GI against the order, in that case the withdraw quantity does not get updated.

Please let us know how you are performing the goods Issue. General mistake endusers could be doing is that in transaction MB1A, the user may be entering the process order details in the Goods Issue: Overview screen(2nd-Screen) instead of using the GI--->Against Order/Reservation option in the intial screen.

Please go through this link Discussion on Unplanned GI

Regards,

Prasobh

>>>>>>>>>We are using MB1A "to order" to consume materials on process orders with some backflushing when final confirmed. Should we be using MB1A "to reservation" by order ? What about back flushing?

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim,

Please go through this link Discussion on Unplanned GI

Regards,

Prasobh

>>>>>>>>>We are using MB1A "to order" to consume materials on process orders with some backflushing when final confirmed. Should we be using MB1A "to reservation" by order ? What about back flushing?

Tim