cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple node selection in Hierarchy Variable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement for the capability to select the multiple node in the BPS variable of type hierarchy. This is required in the data slice where my administrator want to select the more than one node at a time for the purpose of locking the transaction records of deferent departments with slice. I see only option to select one node in variable but I would like to know if there are any ways to enhance this variable to select the multiple node...some exit or some thing.

Any valid suggestions will be fully rewarded with points.

Thanks,

Raj.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know there's no standard solution for this. You will have to develop a custom frontend that will capture user input for hierarchy then get all the nodes below the hierarchies selected convert it into ranges and pass it to the data slice.

Let me know if you need any help with the function modules required for changing dataslice. I don't have an existing solution for hierarchy.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jain

Thanks for your input. Following is exact requirement for me.

I have fund center hierarchy and each text node represents one department and all the fund centers under it. Plan administrator wants to lock each department when they are done with the planning. I can achieve this by preparing one data slice for each department and administrator can activate this when they want to lock department but this generates lot of data slices, which may impact the performance of the system a lot.

Other option I am thinking of is the possibility to use hierarchy variable in data slice to select the multiple departments that are required to be locked at any point in time, so that I can manage this with one variable.

Other option is selecting individual fund center values in variables but that is completely ruled out for the given volume.

If I understand your suggestion right, you are suggesting to create the custom table to store different node values from the hierarchy and use the exit variable in data slice. IF you have any document/code to achieve this, please let me know.

let me know if you have any other simple way to achieve this.

Thanks,

Raj.

Message was edited by: Raj G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't have any code ready for this but can refer some ABAP classes which will help you with this.

Function module for hierarchy F4 "UPC_HIE_NODES_F4", this will allow selection of only one node.

Class for getting all the nodes below a hierarchy is cl_rssh_hierarchy_base the method is get_subtree. If you pass these information to the ABAP developer he will be able to code it for you.

hope this was helpful

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi team

Does any body has an answer to this issues, please let me know.

Thanks,

Raj.