cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perfomance problem: PO creation with huge number of items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have slow perfomance in transaction ME21N, ME22N, MIRO when work with huge PO (1000-2000 items).

SAP version is ERP 6.0

Is there any solution for this problem ?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronnie

Can you please tell me how you restricted no of line items in a PO to 50 as we are also looking for the same,,,Did you made any SPRO settings or used any user exits for the same. Please do let me know .

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have program for upload a flat file with multiple line items.It created PO through BAPI_PO_CREATE1. But creating PO with 2000 line is very slow.

Creating standard PO takes for about 1,5-2 minutes, but creating Stock Transport Order takes 30 sec.

Anybody create that PO (~2000 items) ? What time does it take?

Edited by: Andrei Linnik on May 21, 2009 6:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our case our program will restrict number of line per PO by 50, if there are more that 50 lines it will create a new PO instead of dumping all line items in one PO. Did you try that option?

Former Member
0 Kudos

ronnie, thanks for your help.

But our business process allows to work with one PO. We can't divide its.

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I think u can create only 999 line items max.

regards

murugan

former_member208123
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I do not think you will find many people creating purchase orders with 2000 lines, but I would expect it to be slow. Using BAPI_PO_CREATE will probably be the fastest way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do the same Mass create through BAPI for GR and IR as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do they enter 1000 - 2000 lines manually? This is what we did when we have line items more than 100..Created custom program to upload a flat file with multiple line items, and through BAPI_PO_CREATE it automatically created Purchase orders. This will save your time and you don't get any maintenance issues.

Regards

Reeves