cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI 3.0 - XML -> IDOC inbound scenario via ftp UTF-8 character encoding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I'm having difficulties with a particular scenario. I receive via the ftp adapter xml files which have a header indicating UTF-8 coding. In SXMB_MONI, i see the cyrillic characters and after mapping the target message payload as well have readable cyrillic characters. The problem comes when i have the SAP-side check the idoc that posted in their system. They see gibberish (i.e ##### #### ### #').

I have already tried changing the XSD definition of the xml to UTF-8 however upon import it automatically changes it to ISO-8859-1. I've tested sending the xml file to XI with an ISO-8859-1 coding header and in SXMB_MONI it's gibberish as well. So i've elminated that from possible problems.

i have checked SM59 on the receiving system and unicode is checked as well.

where could the problem possibly be?

Thank you,

Kent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Please check SAP Note 1004368 and see if it helps

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

It may be ISO 8859/5 not ISO 8859/1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the quick reply. however that did not solve it. I believe the Cyrillic character set lies in the UTF-8 set. i mentioned about the ISO to elmiinated its possibility and the problem i face when importing an XSD definition as it automatically changes the encoding to that set. I have confirmed that it should be UTF-8.

I have isolated the problem to between the XI box and the SAP receiving box. in SXMB_MONI, up to the call adapter part, the payload shows the correct characters. upon checking it in the receiving system at tcode "we02", the value is all gibberish.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the idoc adapter channel, put logon language russian.