cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps for replacing a connector in GRC CUP and RAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, We have GRC 5.3 CUP and RAR installed and I would like to replace an existing connector PRD with one called PRD010. Does anyone have the necessary steps to follow to perform this? Your input is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gary,

Change connector you mean to say that the backend system changing?

If it is so then just replace old system name,descrition and hostname etc with the new one.

Then try to test the connection.

Thanks,

Sudip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudip,

Sorry I didn't clarify and thanks for responding. This will be the same backend. I want to change the connector name within the RAR and CUP config, etc. I'm concerned about all the "tags" in the database tables pertaining to this connector name if you know what I mean. It seems that when you make a change like this you end up with data in the database tagged with the old connector names which makes it difficult to clean out the old stuff unless maybe there is a proper sequence of steps to go thru. Can it be just as simple as creating the new connector and then exporting and importing the rules with the new connector name? Maybe I'm making this more difficult than it really is.

Regards,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gary,

Replacing connectors is not a straightforward process. You can create new connector in CUP and RAR without any difficulty but it will not allow you to delete old connector without removing associated rules and roles information. You can open CSS message with SAP and ask them for connector deletion script for CUP and RAR. This is a SQL script and when you run this script against your database it will remove old connector and all the entries associated with them.

Also, this means you will be almost starting from scratch.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alpesh. That is pretty much what I suspected and just wanted to confirm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

We have the same problem in CUP 5.3.We need to delete existing connector. We got a noted pad file(Script) from SAP. This file has number of SQL statements like DELETE FROM VIRSA_*.

Please suggest me how we can use this script. Do we need to run each statement individually in data base level? Please check and advice.

Regards,

KKRao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KKRao,

Basically, you can run the sql script directly against the SAP<SID>DB (Replace SID with the actual SID) of NW (where CUP is installed) or you can copy all the statements and paste them into SQL and run them. Any BASIS person will be able to run this sql script.

Please let me know if you still have questions.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP does not provide that for CUP and ERM (anymore). From where can I get that?

Thanks

regards

Nesimi