cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dump error when we select 'select filter value' in BEx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

After executing the query and after getting the query output when i select 'Select filter value' on one of the characteristic, dump error is coming and then BEx is not working. The error message is 'The operation failed because of a program error on the server (DUMP).

Could you please give the possible options/solutions why this dump error is coming.

Thanks in advance

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a similar error & when I checked the ST22 log, found that the error was related to Database. This error occurred subsequent to upgrade from BW 3.0B to BI7.0. Please check your ST22 log & see if the error message is something like " ORA-20000:Insufficient previleges...."; If this is the case please follow instruction in SAP note 963760. the problem was resolved when we executed,

SQL>Grant analyze any to sapconn;

This may work if your Database was upgraded recently.

Hope it helps.

Anitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

When I open a SAP version .I click on " Customizing of local output" and then choose "About". That is where I see the patch level as 14.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply . Looks like we are on Patch 14.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you mean you are on Support Package 14 for BW 3.50. This is different that the BW Front End Patch level which is what you would need to upgrade to eliminate the filtering error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the same issue . I am on BW 3.5 , and the release is 3500.3.555

Is that the latest one ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

See note 874827. It appears they are on BW 3.5 Front-End Patch 08. This would have a release like 3500.8.XXX so there have been several patches released since your version.

We are running patch 7 and have not encountered any problems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

Moving on to latest SAP GUI will be helpful.

If nt check with the current installation itself.Try to install it again

-Doodle

vinay_bedre2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I recommend checking your frontend installation with the checkfile sapbexc.xla (described in note 197460). If problems are shown within this check please proceed as follows:

> Remove your frontend via Start > Programs > SAP Frontend > Remove SAP Frontend

> Install the frontend and GUI again. You will find the current version online under the following path:

http://service.sap.com/patches -> SAP BW -> SAP BW <Release> -> Binary Patches -> SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS <GUI Version> -> Win32

> Check the frontend installation once more with the

checkfile sapbexc.xla (described in note 197460)

Should the problem persist, i recommend you to contact SAP support for this issue or give me dump detils...

Former Member
0 Kudos

We received this problem with an older version of the SAP GUI/BEX Frontend. Make sure you are on the latest version and I suspect your problem will be eliminated.