cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority Setting on Work Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

I searched the forum for this but could not find a definitive answer. I know that on notifications, if priority is set, the end date is adjusted automatically by the system based on the number of days assigned to each priority type. However, this does not seem to work in my system with work orders. There does not seem to be anything in config to do this. There is a user exit IW010012 - is this exit supposed to be used to get the system to push out the order basic finish date by adding the priority factor to the Basic Start date?

Thanks

Umur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Umur,

You can dynamically determine the following with user-exit [IWO10012|http://pjatkin.users.btopenworld.com/documents/PMCSUserExits.pdf] (priority handling on order header):

- Basic start date (GSTRP)

- Basic start time (GSUZP)

- Basic finish date (GLTRP)

- Basic finish time (GLUZP)

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Pete. What I don't understand is why would SAP not make this a standard automatic calculation based on priority code like they did for notifications. If the user exit you mentioned is not employed, the priority setting becomes just a simple tag then, that is useful as a visual flag only.

I guess I'll leave it at that and see if we can use the exit as there is no standard action.

Thanks again.

Umur

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The end date (assuming forward scheduling) is based on the amount of time required to complete the work as defined in the operations. So it is order scheduling that determines the dates rather than priority.

-Paul

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

and assuming you've linked the operation dates to the header dates in your scheduling parameters...