cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Human capital management

Former Member
0 Kudos

can we create own personnel number ( like 12,124).I have entered PA40 in the command field.But i couldn't able to change the personnel number.If i press the create , its showing to enter the personnel number.can u help me out to get the soln for the above question.

I Want to enter the full profile of a person (like personnel number,address.....)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member47879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go to PA04 and give your number range as external and specify the number range then when when ever u hire u can give number of your choice in PA40

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

by using the feature NUMKR you can create personnel numbers of an employee ( number ranges can be two types internal system can give a personne number where as external number ranges user can manually enter the personnel numbers of an employee ,

by using the T.code pa04 you can access the number ranges intervals,

ALL THE BEST ,

Rupa Prasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

No we can not create our own personnel number in PA40 transaction.It comes as a defaulted value in it .By the help of 'Feature' it is already defaulted from NUMKR .

regards,

Rimpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please default the number range in NUMKR feature after creating number ranges in transaction PA04.

Regards,

Kapil Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Tcode PA04: This is used for creating number range foe Personnel Number (PERNR) GO to TCODE PA04 or Tcode SPRO - PM->PA->Basic settings->Maintain number range intervals for personnel numbers and check the number range is already created or not. otherwise create like

Number From Num To Num Current Num

01 00000001 09999999 0

02 10000000 99999999 10000000

in last there will be one check box which tells you which of the two records is for external number range. External number range is one where you can enter the personnel number by your own and Internal Number means that when you go to PA40 and try to hire an employee, it will automaically pick the next number by adding 1 to current number and will aslo update the number over here. Here you will be able to create number range intervals. Click on change intervals and then Create.

After this go to Feature NUMKR (Tcode PEO3 and NUMKR) or Tcode SPRO - PM->PA->Basic settings-> Determine defaults for number ranges. In decision tree insert your number range sequence (which you want to have as default - Internal number range or external number range) number under your country, and as per your requirements based on PSA, or EG etc. Then Activate the feature. By this the number ranges are maintained, now run the action to hire an employee using PA40

Hope this what you were looking

guds