cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Notification Function using the SAP Price Catalog Function (VPRICAT)

0 Kudos

Hello all,

We are trying to send weekly automatic price notifications to our customer.

I set up the price catalog with the Key Price date (in PRice Determination Tab). The first go (initial load) of price catalog spits out IDOC (PRICAT02)

For the next week, We are trying to leverage the same price catalog we created and by changing the key price date change, SAP Price catalog function recognize a change when you run the Engineering change management.

But the Price determination still happens with the old date and its not getting repriced. (Price condition of week 1 is different from week2) and price conditions for week 2 run also remains the same as week1.

Any Ideas will be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Joe A,PMP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I spoke with a coleague and we agree that you need to create a new catalog to represent the new pricing.

Thanks

Karen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you set up a variant and the creation as a background job? We are having trouble with the variant as the Unique Reference field needs to be changed and it is a text field.

Unfortunately I don't have an answer to the issue you are having.

Thanks

Karen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

I do not have an answer for you (yet) because you are ahead of me with VPRICAT.

I am getting a hard (red-light) error saying "The EAN/UPC 52100071176 determined for material 907117 already exists in the catalog" - did you get any errors like this with your VPRICAT? If so, how did you fix it? (I am trying to fix MM02 for this material and cannot get by this.)

If I can catch up to you, I will work with you on the price-date problem (we will have the same problem, I suspect.)

-Bill T, McCormick

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether this link helps you

[Enhanced Material Search with Creation - Part 2: Supplier Catalog Search|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8143] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Bill - did you find a solution to overcome the hard errors related to duplicated EANs? I am having the same issue and these EAN relate to the consumer unit so it is correct for us to have more than one trade unit with the same consumer unit EAN. I tried swtiching off the consumer unit from the PRICAT in SPRO but although this makes the hard error dissapear, now the packsize is missing from the catalogue, and we require this information.

With regards to the original thread, the pricing gets recalculated correctly when the pricing date is updated. i got this to work fine, but as far as I know there is no way of setting up a variant to update the pricing date week on week, this has to be done manually and then re-run the engineering change management job.

I have to say that I found the VPRICAT transaction quite tricky and difficult to set up.

thanks

0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am not sure why it didnt notify me when you folks replied to the thread..

For Red lights.. SAP assumes the defn of UPC which means one unique upc represents one part with one unit of measure..I would assume you have parts that share the same upc or different uoms of the same part share the same upc.. which in sap terms not allowed.

However, the reality with every client is that both definitions of UPC is not met and you can use the sap enhancement framework and enhance the price catalog code along with IDOC output code.

After a long struggle and custom development using the sap's enhancement framework , we made the Price catalog running now.

Any specific questions please let me know

Joe A