Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization object for profit center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

we are currently in the process of restricting users to a particular group of profit centeres as there have been instances where users have entered into a wrong profit centre and made entries.

it would be very helpful if i get to know the authorization object for profit center so that the restrictions can be made accordingly.

Regards

Arvind Kumar

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

You don't mention what transactions they are using.

Try this approach:

Run SU24 and enter the transaction/s they are misusing. In the check indicators you will see objects starting with K_P* - These will be the most likely objects that need to be restricted for those transactions.

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following are the Authorization objects containing Profit Center as Authorization Org. Level Field:

A_IMPR_PRC IM Profit Center for Investment Program Positions

C_PROJ_PRC PS PS: Profit center for project definition

C_PRPS_PRC PS PS: Profit Center Authorization for WBS elements

J_DI_PNV01 IS Construction Progress Report

K_PCAR_REP CO EC-PCA: Summary and Line Item Reports

K_WIP_PC CO CO-PC-OBJ: WIP Calculation and Results Analysis

Let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

p.s. If it's profit centre groups then you also need to look at auths for field resparea too

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arvind,

Go to Transaction SU21.

You will find all the authorization objects required for each Class/module.

Thanks

Madhuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First thing,you mean to say persons are having access to diffrent profit centre group ,

that can be restricted in org level itself ,

go to kch6n to check the group number and remove that from orglevel.

Thanks,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

The authorization object for profit center restriction is K_PCA

You may rely on validation, as there is no restriction on profit center in SAP standard.

Note: If you are on ECC6.0, this can be activated globally for all tcodes by implementing EHP3.

Thanks,

Rama

0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

There certainly is a check on profit centre in SAP Standard. The check is performed against a number of authorisation objects which have been mentioned already in this post.

Cheers

Alex

0 Kudos

Hi...,

Anyone have experience to activate FIN_GL_CI_1 using SFW5 in IDES ECC6 EHP6 ?

I try to activate to make a simulation for Profit Center Authorization oject in this menu :

SPRO-Financial Accounting (New)-Financial Accounting Global Settings (New) - Authorizations , but i can not activate it , is there any step should be followed before activate it ?

Thanks in advance.

Rgds

Sayid

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would say restricting at Org level would be the better instead of looking for Auth objects.

Thanks,

From

PT.