cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting Graph using both X and Y Axis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to plot a graph for Price(Y-axis) Vs Date(X-axis) for every day. But I wouldn't like to display everyday on X-axis but months like Jan Feb Mar etc. Is that Possible?

Thanks in advance

Runal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Runal,

Refer standard component WDR_TEST_EVENTS. Go to the BG_SIMPLE view and see its SUPPLY_SERIES method. There you'll see that text to be displayed on X-axis is used. Same ways you can also do in your component.

I hope it helps.

Regards

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help.

I have a Graph with Chart Type Scatter, wherein i have 1 series with single point and 2 numeric values for X and Y coordinates.

I am able to plot the graph as per my requirement. But for Xaxis, I need to display text instead of date(which i am passing through node)

Eg.

ls_graph-x = '20090501'.

ls_graph-y = '12'.

append ls_graph to lt_graph.

I am binding this int table to the graph node.

But as you can see i am passing Dates for X axis, so i see dates on Xaxis and not the text, which i need.

Scatter Graphs doesnt allow Text to pass through Xaxis and also Category Axis is not allowed

Hope i clarified my requirement.

Thanks,

Runal

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Runal,

You won't be able to achive this with the Graph with Chart Type Scatter.

Regards

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arjun for quick reply,

But is there any graph type where we can pass both X and Y coordinates(X as a string type)?

Thanks,

Runal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the node to which this series is bound, create another attribute for the TEXT against each date and populate this table and bind this TEXT to the serries node.

You have to populate yourself that Jan,Feb.....agianst those dates and bind these texts to the series node.

On what basis you are getting these dates.... Is there any start or end date that is required to plot a graph. I mean for the period that you give to get the graph details.

Please explain more on your requirement.

Regards,

Lekha.