Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Submit and Return in passing string/values of longer length.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a FM which has to submit a report as a job.

I am required to send a string( length could be close to 1024 characters or more than that) to the report as the parameter.

I am using Submit with Return.

1.When I pass my string as parameters, in the report it gets truncated at 60 chars.( though i have defined the parameter of type char1024)I lose the data.

2.When I split my string(aflter logical splitting the lenght is still equal to about 200 chars) and then pass as select options it gets truncated at 45 chars in the report ( though i have defined the parameter of type char1024)and i lose my data.

3.I cannot use Export/Import as I found that it does not work with jobs.

Please let me know how can i sumbit the report as a job while passing it a string of length 1024 characters.

Regards,

Sulakshana

Edited by: Sulakshana Shinde on May 21, 2009 2:44 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Option 3 should work, unless you are not using the EXPORT/IMPORT correctly. I believe that you are going across work processes, which means you may need to use the shared buffer or shared memory when using the export/import statements.

Something like this.

Data: lv_value type string.

lv_value = 'SomeValue'.

EXPORT lv_value = lv_value
       TO SHARED BUFFER INDX(ST) ID 'SomeUnigueKey'.

See this.

http://help.sap.com/abapdocu/en/ABAPEXPORT_DATA_CLUSTER_MEDIUM.htm

Regards,

Rich Heilman

1 REPLY 1

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Option 3 should work, unless you are not using the EXPORT/IMPORT correctly. I believe that you are going across work processes, which means you may need to use the shared buffer or shared memory when using the export/import statements.

Something like this.

Data: lv_value type string.

lv_value = 'SomeValue'.

EXPORT lv_value = lv_value
       TO SHARED BUFFER INDX(ST) ID 'SomeUnigueKey'.

See this.

http://help.sap.com/abapdocu/en/ABAPEXPORT_DATA_CLUSTER_MEDIUM.htm

Regards,

Rich Heilman