cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter to return related values

0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

I have a query having multiple filters.

Eg. Filter on Company,Material Category,Material.

Material Category is an attribute of Material.

Case 1 :

In my query I have filter on Company & Material.

In the query filter I select Company "XYZ" . I would then like to select Material. But only those materials should be available for selection which are there in Company "XYZ".

Here the there can be any combination and only the transactional data mainatains this relationship.

Case 2 :

In my query I have filter on Material Category & Material.

In the query filter I select Material Category"Metal" . I would then like to select Material. But only those materials should be available for selection which are of the type Metal.

Here this relationship is maintained in the Masterdata of the InfoObject.

I have not used variables with processin type "Replacement Path" but would both the cases be solved by this or there is another way of doing it.

I am looking forward to a detailed answer.

Thanks & Best Regards,

priyadarshi panda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My idea is to maintain a hierarchy with Mat attributes and materials.in this case no of mat attributes will be equal to no of mat attributes (hierarchies) and for each hierarchy (mat attribute) we will be having respective materials as hierarchy nodes...

so if we have hierarchy variables(which is for mat attributes) and hierarchy node variable(to select materials)..once we select an attribute(hierarchy) the we will be able to select only respective materials(hierarchy nodes) which belongs to that material.....

ThankS.

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think we can try the same logic for case1 also?ifyou have practice system,you can try out for both cases.

Pl don't forget to reward points for useful answers.

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but dont foegt about performance issues in this kind of designing.It's just an idea.don't know whether it can be solved in Bex itself.

0 Kudos

The solution of maintaining hierarchy nodes would help solve the problem if its a case where the Master Data are related.

The actual problem is if its a case of Company & Product. The master data doesnot have any relationship. There can be any combination so it doesnot make sense to maintain these combinations or build a hierarchy.

The best solution would be that after I select value for Variable "Company" when I go to select value for Variable "Product" it should internally run a query on the possible values of Proucts for that company and return me only the relevant values.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it looks like Hierachy-Hierarchy node variables concept where when you select a hierarchy(from hierarchy variable) in selection,then you can select only hierachy nodes(from hierarchy node variables) of selected hierarchy only...isn't it?

ThankS

0 Kudos

Thanks Murali.

As I understand from what you suggested "The hierarchy node varaible would help me in Case 2 where there is a relationship between the 2 filter variables at the master data level".

Best regards.