cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide column on basis of users authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a query designed in business explorer 7.0 that is shown in the portal. Users should be able to view each column (key figure) based on the role that they are assigned to. We save this user/role mapping in a DSO, and we also save a role/column (each column has its code) mapping.

Is it possible to use these mappings to determine at run time which column the user is allowed to see? I'm thinking of writing an exit, but I'm not sure if this is possible.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zephania,

you can assign permissions for each characteristic in tcode RSECADMIN,

may your info provider modeled by "Account Model" then you are able to control by permission.

for example Info Object "keyfigure type" 10 = prices

then your user only will see prices in your report and all other coulums will disappear (suppress zero)

Best regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. However, that would mean that I have to set permissions for each role and for each object manually in RSECADMIN. We are dealing with a large variety of roles and columns, which would result in making many settings. It would be very helpful to have a solution that uses the mapping user <> role <> column code, which we already have and is easy to adjust. However, what would probably require some type of run time solution.