Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procurement Type:X & CTM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We are testing the following scenario in CTM;

Material A has PPM with the validty starting on 01.08.2009. Until this date, material A can be procured from another plant, there is a transportation lane between the two plants.

We set procurement type to X in our product master data. When I run CTM I expect CTM to create Purchase requisition unil 01082009, after this date, it should create planned order.

But CTM is not doing this. CTM creates planned order even for the demands that are before the start of the PPM validity date. Can CTM produce this result? If yes, what kind of a setting we should make?

Thanks,

Jenny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jenny,

When you choose the procurement type 'X' the system always recommends the production first and then the procurement. To overcome this you have to set the priority in Transportation lane and PPM. Set the highest priority "0" under the procurement priority for Transportation lane first which will be your primary source of supply till the PPM validity date starts and lowest priority to PPM under the object type(Double click on PPM and set the procurement priority to the lowest ie "1". When you have done this setting and when you run the CTM plan the system first check the source of supply.. and it will recongnize the two sources of supply one the TL and other is PPM. Since you have set the Tranportation lane the higest priority it will create the PR. Also you set the Transportation lane validity to 01.08.2009. So the Transportation lane will be valid till that date. After this validity PPM will become the primary source of supply.

As you have mentioned that PPM validity will starts on 01.08.2009.Check this scenario by running the CTM plan. And I'm sure it will work as per your requirement. Do let me know if you have any issues in setting up this.

Regards

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

any comment is appreciated...

Edited by: JennyC on May 31, 2009 8:31 PM