cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copying methods from one component controller to other ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have many methods in one component controller, which i wish to copy to another component controller through standard buttons. When i try to copy them, it says 'The method or methods are copied to the clipboard'. But, i was unable to copy them to another component's componentcontroller. It says as 'The clipboard' doesnot contain data. Can someone help me in providing solution in copying all the methods in one shot to other ?

Thanks & Regards,

Gaurav.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member40425
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I have done some editing in my previous post.

Please check.

Regards,

Rohit

former_member40425
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think You are trying it to paste after making new method in the other component directly with the help of Cntrl+V

I am able to do same by using copy and paste buttons.

First go to method tab and copy it then go in methods tab in which you want to paste click where we create for new method and click standard button for paste.

By this way the name of the methods will be same. But if you want that you can rename it.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arjun and Rohit.

Copying of methods seems to be possible only within same componentcontroller. I am doing it manually now

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Copy pasting of method is possible cross-componets. Just select the method name , press copy button.

Go to other controller, click on a blank method row, then click the paste button.

Regards

Arjun

Edited by: Arjun Thakur on May 21, 2009 4:56 PM