cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valuation Class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a valuation class that has two g/l accounts, I want to change the same valuation class to one g/l account. I want to know the steps on doing the changing and what will be the impact?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My case is the first one, how do i remove valuation grouping code assignment in obyc?

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I hope a material/type has different stock accounts/ other accounts in different valuation areas (by maintaining account determination through valuation grouping code). If you dont want to maintain like this then remove one assignment (valuation grouping code) in OBYC for transaction keys (you need to check one by one - like BSX, WRX, GBB, PRD etc) and assign one standard GL account to the other (Click RULE for transaction key and remove valuation grouping code check ).

Then assign same valuation grouping code to the valuation areas in OMWD.

Thanks

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check in OBYC for all transaction keys like BSX, GBB, WRX - how valuation class is assigned to two GL accounts? Is it like Valuation grouping code - valuation class - GL account? or you are talking about different GL accounts (one as debit entry and other as credit entry) for single valuation class in transaction key?

If your case if the first one then you need to assign same valuaton grouping code to all valuation areas in OMWD and then remove valuation grouping code assignment (re-arrage it as valuaton class- GL account) for transaction keys in OBYC.

If your case is second one - you can maintain one GL account for each transaction key/ valuation class by removing check for debit/credit indicator for any transaction key -posting rules (you can see Rule tab when you click any transaction key).

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where do you make the changes? in dev with transports or directly in production

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

offcourse whatever changes we do, should be done on developement only and not in production. Then transport it to quality test it there and then once confirmed only transport it to production. Except the release related config, we should always use the transport request to move the config ahead.

Hey dont forget to rate if found useful.

sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you are talking about assignment of valuation class to GL account in account determination (OBYC). Changing from two GL account to one GL account means, we need to delete one combination. Yes offcourse we can do it. Once you do it, moment after that all the postig would be going to the single GL account mentioned in OBYC. Before that you need to take care of the balances available in detached GL account. With help of a FI person the pending balances can also transfered to the required account if needed.

I hope it helps

sachin