Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension of IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can any one help me regarding extending the idoc. I have foolowed the following procedure. I have extend the idoc ORDERS05 in we30 and released the idoc. From we41 i fetched the function module idoc_output_ordrsp and the customer exits in that function module. i have written the code in the include provided in the customer exits.

the problem i am getting is the data in the extended segments is not populated when i tested in we19.

I have put the breakpoints in the function module then also its not triggering. I am generating the outbound IDOC using

Message control.

7 REPLIES 7

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to CMOD transaction and create a Project for your enhance ment.

Activate the project.

Now your code will work.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better option is to put a break point in all the function exits (function modules) and just check whether it stops in that code are not.

And then remove one by break point...

Its just a try...

Cheers,

Sampath..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out this link...http://johnv.sapgenie.com/docs/idoc/idoc.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to the following link it may help you.

http://johnv.sapgenie.com/docs/idoc/idoc.pdf

0 Kudos

Hello Freinds,

Can Some body help me. I am facing the same problem as in this post. I have extended Orders05 Idoc and followed below steps.

Created Segment - Created Extended Idoc with Custom Segment created - Released both Segment and Idoc - Attached Idoc to ORDERS message type - Added message type to model view - maitained partner Profiles with extended idoc u2013 I have written my custom code in User Exit u2018EXIT_SAPLEINM_002u2019 - activated my project.

The problem I am facing is u2013 When I keep a breakpoint at the user exit u2013 it never stops u2013 it just creates an basic idoc. I have tried keeping breakpoint at all the places where I can think but no where it is stopping.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Solved Myself by following the below thread.

Thanks