Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Regarding Performance Tuning

Hi All,

In one of my Program, i am using SELECT query with BSEG table, which is leading to performance issue while generating the report.

I have optimised the select query in all possible ways to reduce the execution time.

Still the report is taking almost 1 minute time to execute this select statment.

if not it_wbs1[] is initial.
select bukrs belnr gjahr dmbtr hkont projk from BSEG
into corresponding fields of table it_bseg
for all entries in it_wbs1
where bukrs = c_bukrs  "1000
and gjahr = V_YEAR2
and shkzg = c_shkzg "H
and projk = it_wbs1-wbs_in
and hkont between c_hkont1 and c_hkont2. "'0001101001' and '0001999999'.

I heard that instead of using BSEG directly, we need to create a database view of BSEG with limited fields (Which are necessary for this select statement) and the database view should be queried instead of BSEG.

Is it worthful to reduce the execution time?

Or Any other idea to fine tune the Program in this regard?

Moderator message - Moved to the correct forum

Edited by: Rob Burbank on May 21, 2009 9:37 AM

<body><p>Please read Rob Burbank's blog &#91;Quickly Retrieving FI document Data from BSEG| <b>[original link is broken]</b> <b>[original link is broken]</b> <b>[original link is broken]</b>;</p><p></p><p>Rob, can you please create a sticky note asking everybody with the BSEG performance question to first read your blog?</p><p></p><p>Actually there is already a note &#91;Please Read before Posting in the Performance and Tuning Forum <strong>Updated</strong>|<a class="jive_macro jive_macro_thread" href="" __jive_macro_name="thread" modifiedtitle="true" __default_attr="1283414"></a>;</p><p></p><p>May be you can add the BSEG blog link there?</p><p></p><p>Thanks.</p><p></p><p>Edited by: Edward Pelyavskyy on May 21, 2009 4:30 PM</p></body>
0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question